This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase through the links.
How the Ibotta app can save you hundreds even thousands of dollars long term on your grocery bills.
If you are like me who is always looking for new ways to save or earn money, chances are you might have seen ads about the Ibotta app.
If you’ve never heard of it until now or if you’ve heard about it but didn’t care, stay tuned as I share with you my Ibotta ap review.
Can I be totally honest with you?
I have been an Ibotta member since 2015 but I haven’t really used it.
It was not until year 2018 that I decided to really give it a try. And surprisingly at the end of the year, I was able to rack in $1086.43!
That’s right! I didn’t really do anything special, I just shopped just as I normally would.
So today, I want to share with you how to save money just by including Ibotta in your everyday purchases through my Ibotta app review.
What is Ibotta app?
Ibotta is a smartphone app that enables you to earn cashbacks from your everyday purchases. It is available for most IOS and Android devices.
It was founded by Bryan Leach and was launched in 2012. To date, Ibotta claims over 22 million downloads and paid out over $200 million in cash back.
Ibotta provides its consumers with the opportunity to earn cash backs through coupons, completing simple tasks, referring friends and more.
Benefits of Ibotta
- It saves you money.
- It saves you time.
- The app is easy to user-friendly.
- You can cash out already even if you only have $20.
- Ibotta works with over 300 participating stores.
- You can be paid via Paypal or Venmo.
- Offers are for commonly used brands, not only specialty brands.
- No clipping paper coupons involved.
- You can earn by referring your friends.
- Provides bonuses for completing tasks.
Who is it Good For?
Ibotta is good for people who wants to save money with their everyday purchases but are too lazy to coupon.
This app is also good for those frugal shoppers who wants to save even more. Ibotta offers can be stacked with paper coupons.
How to Get Started With Ibotta?
Getting started with Ibotta is really not that complicated. All you need is your computer or your phone.
#1 Sign Up
Here is $10 to get you started. You can claim it here.
#2 Download App
The app is available for IOS and Android devices. Just search for ibotta on your App store.
#3 Select Stores
A lot of the big box stores participates with Ibotta so your favorite store should be on the list.
#4 Add offers
Choose offers that matches what is in your grocery list. Add only what you need. Remember to stick with your monthly budget.
$5 Go Shopping
Now it is time to go shopping.
You will then use your store receipt to redeem your cash back. Tap redeem and choose the name of the store. You will be asked to take a photo of the receipt or scan the QR code.
#7 Earn Cash
That’s it! You just made your first earnings. You can check your progress and your lifetime earnings on the Account section.
Once you reach $20, you have now the option to withdraw. You can be paid via Paypal, Venmo or through gift cards.
Bonus Tips When Using The Ibotta App
1) With the vast choices of offers available, it is easy to be tempted to buy things that we really need. If that happens, then it defeats the purpose of saving.
Therefore, it is good practice to make a list of what you need first before browsing the app.
2) Another thing, before you start shopping, note that offers have expiration dates so don’t forget to redeem them before they’re gone.
3) Also, some of the offers are exclusive to a retailer. It is best to double-check prior to shopping.
4) To make the most out of Ibotta, make sure to check the offer details and exclusions to make sure you purchase the correct item.
Final Thoughts on my Ibotta App review
Ibotta provides an easy way to save money on everyday purchases, especially if it is done right.
And honestly, if you are not using the Ibotta app, you are just leaving money on the table.
But don’t just take my word for it, go try it yourself.
Do not forget your $10 to get you started.
Related Money-Saving App Articles:
- Best Grocery Apps You Need To Save Money
- How To Use Apps To Save Money On Groceries
- Apps To Save Money On Gas
- Best Budgeting Apps
- 9 Ways To Save $1000 In One Month