This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase through the links.
If you’re looking to start your own eyelash business, then you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about how to start an eyelash business, from finding the right products to market to your customers, to creating a brand identity, to setting up an online store.
By the end of this guide, you’ll have all the information you need to get your business up and running!
Why Start An Eyelash Business?
There are a few key reasons why starting an eyelash business can be a great idea:
1. Low Start-Up Cost – One of the great things about starting an eyelash business is that the start-up costs can be very low. You don’t need to invest in expensive inventory or equipment, and you can get started with just a few products.
2. Flexible – Another great thing about an eyelash business is that it’s very flexible. You can start small and grow at your own pace, and you can run your business from anywhere in the world.
3. Recession-proof – Lash businesses are also relatively recession-proof. Even when the economy is struggling, people still want to look and feel their best, and they’re willing to spend money on products that make them feel good about themselves.
4. Satisfying – Finally, starting an eyelash business can be very satisfying. You’ll get to help people feel more confident and beautiful, and you’ll be able to build a successful business doing something you’re passionate about.
How Much Can You Make From An Eyelash Business?
How much you can make from an eyelash business depends on a number of factors, including how many clients you have, how often they book appointments, how much you charge per session, and how many products you sell.
Generally speaking, lash artists can make anywhere from $30,000 to $100,000 per year, with the average Lash Artist making around $50,000 per year.
Of course, if you’re just starting out, you likely won’t be making anywhere near that much. But as you build up your clientele and establish yourself in the industry, you can start charging more for your services and selling more products, which will increase your earnings.
How To Start An Eyelash Business
Now that we’ve gone over some of the reasons why starting an eyelash business can be a great idea, let’s take a look at how to get started.
Before you start your lash extension business, you will typically need:
- A cosmetologist or esthetician license from the board of cosmetology in your state
- An eyelash extension training certification
Check your state for requirements.
You will also need a business structure for your business, which can be a sole proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Corporation, or S-Corp.
You can find out more about business structure here.
Lastly, you will also need an Employer Identification Number (EIN). This is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number and is required if you want to open a business bank account or hire any employees for your business.
Now that we got those out of the way, let’s start to get started.
Finding The Right Products
One of the most important aspects of starting an eyelash business is finding the right products to market to your customers.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing products for your business:
1. Quality – The first and most important thing to look for in any product is quality. You want to make sure that the products you’re using are safe and effective, and that they meet the high standards of your clients.
2. Price – Another important factor to consider is price. You don’t want to choose products that are so expensive that your clients can’t afford them, but you also don’t want to go too cheap, as this can reflect poorly on the quality of your business.
3. Variety – It’s also important to offer a variety of products to your clients. This way, they can choose the right product for their needs, and you can upsell them on other products that complement the one they’ve chosen.
4. Trendiness – Finally, you’ll want to make sure that the products you’re using are trendy and popular with your target market. This means staying up-to-date on the latest lash trends and offering products that your clients will be excited about using.
Creating A Brand Identity
Once you’ve selected the right products for your business, it’s time to start creating a brand identity.
Your brand identity is how your business will be perceived by your clients, and it’s important to take some time to create a strong, positive brand identity for your business.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when creating your brand identity:
1. Your name – The first thing you’ll need to do is choose a name for your business. This is how your clients will identify you, so it’s important to choose a name that’s catchy, memorable, and unique.
2. Your logo – Once you’ve chosen a name for your business, you’ll need to create a logo. This is how people will identify your brand visually, so it’s important to choose a logo that’s eye-catching and represents the overall aesthetic of your business.
You can use Canva to make eye-catching designs.
3. Your website – Your website is how people will find you online, so it’s important to make sure it’s well-designed and easy to navigate. You’ll also want to make sure your website is optimized for search engines so that people can find you when they’re searching for lash businesses in their area.
4. Your social media – Social media is a great way to connect with your clients and promote your business. Make sure you create profiles on all the major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and post regularly to keep your followers engaged.
Creating A Business Plan
Once you’ve chosen the right products and created a strong brand identity, it’s time to start putting together a business plan.
Your business plan is a document that outlines the goals and objectives of your business, as well as how you plan on achieving those goals.
Some things you’ll want to include in your business plan are:
1. Your business model – How do you plan on making money? Will you be selling products, offering services, or both?
2. Your target market – Who are you going to sell your products and services to?
3. Your marketing strategy – How are you going to get the word out about your business?
4. Your financial projections – What are your anticipated expenses and revenue? When do you expect to break even?
5. Your exit strategy – What is your plan for eventually selling or exiting the business?
Creating A Pricing Strategy
Once you’ve created a business plan, it’s time to start thinking about pricing.
Pricing is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business, as it will determine how much revenue you generate and how profitable your business is.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when creating your pricing strategy:
1. The cost of your products – You’ll need to make sure that your prices cover the cost of your products so that you can make a profit.
2. The price of your competitors’ products – You’ll also want to research the prices of your competitors’ products so that you can price yours competitively.
3. The value of your services – In addition to the cost of your products, you’ll also need to consider the value of your services. How much is your time worth? How much are your clients willing to pay for your services?
4. Your target market – When pricing your products and services, you’ll need to keep your target market in mind. What are they willing to pay for your products and services?
5. Your financial goals – Finally, you’ll need to make sure that your prices align with your financial goals. How much revenue do you want to generate? How much profit do you want to make?
Developing A Marketing Strategy
Once you’ve created your pricing strategy, it’s time to start thinking about marketing.
Marketing is how you’ll get the word out about your business and attract new clients.
There are a variety of marketing strategies you can use, but some of the most popular include:
1. Social media – Social media is a great way to connect with potential clients and promote your business. Make sure you create profiles on all the major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and post regularly to keep your followers engaged.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO) – SEO is how you’ll make sure people can find you when they’re searching for lash businesses in their area. Make sure your website is optimized for search engines so that people can find you when they’re searching for lash businesses in their area.
3. Content marketing – Content marketing is how you’ll create and share content (blog posts, articles, videos, etc.) that will promote your business. This is a great way to build trust and credibility with potential clients.
4. Email marketing – Email marketing is how you’ll stay in touch with your clients and promote your business to potential clients. Make sure you collect email addresses from your clients so that you can stay in touch with them and let them know about new products and specials.
5. Referral programs – Referral programs are how you’ll incentivize your clients to promote your business to their friends and family. Offer discounts or free products to your clients when they refer someone to your business.
Building A Client Base
Now that you’ve created a pricing strategy and developed a marketing plan, it’s time to start building your client base.
There are a few things you can do to attract new clients:
1. Offer discounts – Offering discounts is a great way to attract new clients. You can offer discounts on your services or products, or you can offer package deals.
2. Host events – Hosting events is a great way to connect with potential clients and build relationships. You can host Lash parties, open houses, or other events to promote your business and attract new clients.
3. Sponsorships – Sponsoring events or other businesses is a great way to get your business name out there. When you sponsor an event or another business, people will see your business name and start to associate it with lash extensions.
4. Networking – Networking is how you’ll meet potential clients and build relationships. Attend local events, join networking groups, or participate in trade shows to meet new people and promote your business.
5. Partner with other businesses – partnering with other businesses is a great way to get your business name out there. You can partner with salons, spas, or other businesses to promote your products and services.
By following these tips, you can build a strong client base and grow your business.
How To Be Successful In The Eyelash Business
The lash industry is growing rapidly, and there is a lot of opportunity for success. However, there are a few things you need to do to be successful in the lash business:
The first step to being successful in any business is to educate yourself. There are a lot of resources available (books, websites, articles, etc.) that can teach you about the lash industry. It’s important that you take the time to learn about the different aspects of the business so that you can be successful.
Find a niche
When you’re first starting out, it’s important to find a niche. This will help you stand out from the competition and attract the right clients. Once you’ve found your niche, you can start to build a client base and grow your business.
Staying organized is essential for any business, but it’s especially important in the lash industry. There are a lot of moving parts to the business (clients, products, appointments, etc.), and it’s important to keep track of everything. This will help you stay on top of your business and ensure that you’re providing the best possible service to your clients.
Promote your business
Once you’ve built a strong client base, it’s important to promote your business so that you can attract new clients. There are a number of ways to promote your business (social media, word-of-mouth, advertising, etc.), and it’s important to find the right mix for your business.
Provide excellent customer service
The key to any successful business is providing excellent customer service. This is especially important in the lash industry because your clients are trusting you with their appearance. It’s important that you always go above and beyond for your clients so that they keep coming back.
By following these tips, you can be successful in the lash business.
Side-Hustle Related Articles:
- How To Start A Medical Transportation Business (Step-By-Step Guide)
- How to Get Paid to Hike (Even If You’re Terrible at It)
- How To Make Money While Pregnant And Unemployed (35 Jobs For Pregnant Women)
- How To Make Money Growing Plants in 2022 (10 Most Profitable Ways)
- How To Start An Errand Running Business
- How To Start A hair Business And Make A Lot Of Money